1 conveyance consisting of a wheeled support on which a camera can be mounted
2 conveyance consisting of a wheeled platform for moving heavy objects
- Rhymes: -ɒli
- A contrivance, turning on a vertical axis by a handle or winch, and giving a circular motion to the ore to be washed; a stirrer.
- A tool with an indented head for shaping the head of a rivet.
- In pile driving, a block interposed between the head of the pile and the ram of the driver.
- A small truck with a single wide roller used for moving heavy beams, columns, etc., in bridge building.
- A compact, narrow-gauge locomotive used for moving construction trains, switching, etc.
- In the context of "Filmology": A specialized piece of film equipment that looks like a little car to which a camera is mounted.
- (children, colloquial): A child's name for a doll.
- A ball hit by a batsman such that it goes gently to a fielder for a simple catch.
- a doll
- transitive cricket To hit a dolly.
- To move an object using a dolly.
Dolly may refer to:
- Dolly, Japanese rock band
- Dolly (sheep), the first mammal cloned from differentiated cells
- Dolly (tool), either a portable anvil or wheeled platform
- Dolly (trailer), for towing behind a vehicle
- Dolly (band), a musical group
- Dolly!, a 1976 television show starring Dolly Parton
- Dolly (TV series), a 1987 television show starring Dolly Parton
Dolly may also be:
dolly in Czech: Dolly
dolly in Danish: Dolly
dolly in German: Dolly
dolly in French: Dolly
dolly in Italian: Dolly
dolly in Hebrew: דולי
dolly in Dutch: Dolly
dolly in Japanese: ドリー
dolly in Polish: Dolly
dolly in Portuguese: Dolly
dolly in Swedish: Dolly
Amytal, Amytal pill, Demerol, Dolophine, H, Luminal, Luminal pill, M, Mickey Finn, Nembutal, Nembutal pill, Seconal, Seconal pill, Tuinal, Tuinal pill, alcohol, amobarbital sodium, analgesic, anodyne, barb, barbiturate, barbiturate pill, black stuff, blue, blue angel, blue devil, blue heaven, blue velvet, bust, calmative, carving, chloral hydrate, codeine, codeine cough syrup, depressant, depressor, doll, downer, dummy, fantoccini, figure, figurehead, figurine, gingerbread man, goofball, hard stuff, heroin, hop, horse, hypnotic, junk, knockout drops, laudanum, lay figure, liquor, lotus, man of straw, manikin, mannequin, marionette, meperidine, methadone, model, monument, morphia, morphine, narcotic, opiate, opium, pacifier, pain killer, paregoric, pen yan, phenobarbital, phenobarbital sodium, portrait bust, puppet, purple heart, quietener, rainbow, red, scag, scarecrow, sculpture, secobarbital sodium, sedative, shit, sleep-inducer, sleeper, sleeping draught, sleeping pill, smack, snowman, sodium thiopental, somnifacient, soother, soothing syrup, soporific, statuary, statue, statuette, tar, tranquilizer, turps, wax figure, waxwork, white stuff, wood carving, yellow, yellow jacket